While anxiety symptoms vary from person to person, in general the body reacts in a very specific way to anxiety. When you feel anxious, your body goes on high alert, looking for possible danger and activating your fight or flight responses. As a result, some common symptoms of anxiety include:
- nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- rapid heartbeat and rapid breathing
- difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- gastrointestinal problems
Fortunately, anxiety is treatable. Schedule now to start taking back the peace anxiety has stolen.